Last Updated on December 13, 2022
Want to Celebrate Your Taste Buds in London? Visit These Cool Places to Even More Enjoy Your Trip
When you are having a tour of a new place, you try to know more about the culture and tradition of that place. Visiting a place is not only about having a conducted tour of the place of attraction; instead, you can get along to the changes in culture and also gather lots of memories.
You can have an amazing cultural trip at anyplace once you try the food over there. Each country or area has its distinct cuisine. Once you try these out, you will surely feel satisfied.
So now if you are having a trip to London, you can try the authentic British cuisine at any of the quirky restaurants over there. There are lots of cool restaurants in London where you not only get the chance of fantastic food items, but you can also enjoy the exotic and unique ambiance at these happening places.
There are, indeed, lots of places to eat in London, but today you will get to know more about the places that are a bit out of the usual and attractive to those who are adventurous by heart. Read on to know more.
#1. Heston Blumenthal
Are you thinking of having a rich and grand dining experience in London? Then there is no better place to start your tour than this beautiful and quirky restaurant in London.
The ambiance is awesome, and the quality of the food is out of the world. Once you are here, you will get confused about what to eat, but you should not miss the star of the recipes—meat fruit, starter where chicken parfait is served with exotic fruits.
- Address: 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LA, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.); Saturday and Sunday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearby station: Knightsbridge (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Hyde House
#2. The WaPark, Serpentine Lake, Apsley ll
While talking about the cool restaurants in London, you can visit the wall anytime. This vast place can accommodate vast numbers of people at one time where they can enjoy the ambiance while having delicious foods.
You can get varieties of dishes, like burgers, wraps, salads, along with lots of options to drink. The unique feature of this restaurant is that it is a kind of café-cum-restaurant that is based on the style of any café-restaurant in New York.
- Address: South London, Waterloo
- Opening time: Thursday and Friday (4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.); Saturday (10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.); and Sunday (12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.)
- Nearby station: Moorgate station (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Tower Bridge, London Wall, Tower of London
This is really a happening place to eat in London. No matter what the weather is outside, once you enter here, you can enjoy the retro skis where you can have fun and excitement.
Don’t forget to use blankets while you are having dinner here. The main feature of the cuisine here is based on the top-quality cheese. Go for fondue that you can enjoy with baguette and gherkins.
- Address: 49 Brixton Station Rd, Brixton, London SW9 8PQ, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Thursday (5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m.)
- Nearby station: Tate Britain (3.2 km)
- Nearby places to visit: St. James Park, London Eye, Buckingham Palace
#4. Randall and Aubin
If you are looking for the best places to eat in London, the only address you need to find is Randall and Aubin. It is the Anglo/French brasserie where you will be amazed by the excellent environment and also the top-quality foods.
Besides the classic British dishes, you can also enjoy contemporary and French cuisines. Once you are here, you can enjoy the recipes, like French onion soup, lobster, rotisserie kitchen, steak, etc. from their eclectic cuisine.
- Address: 14-16 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 0SG, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (noon to midnight); Sunday (12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Trocadero (4-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: West End Theatre, Soho, and the West End
#5. Trader Vic’s
The unique interior of this restaurant always attracts the foodies who are always looking for a unique atmosphere while eating. If you want to try something other than British cuisine, especially Chinese delicacies, Trader Vic’s will be the best destination in London.
You can start with any salad or soups from their thorough menu and then try their signature dishes, like Scottish Lobster or Beef and Reef.
- Address: 22 Park Ln., Mayfair, London W1K 1BE, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Thursday (5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.); Friday and Saturday (5:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.); Sunday (5:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Hyde Park Corner Tube Station (5-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Hyde Park, Bomber Command Memorial, Apsley House
#6. Usain Bolt’s Tracks and Records
To give a tribute to the fastest runner in the world, Usain Bolt, this restaurant began its journey. As the celebrity is cold, this restaurant is also the coolest of its kind. Why is this restaurant so amazing and attractive to the visitors?
It is one of the best joints where you can find exotic Jamaican cuisine and the perfect atmosphere to enjoy your food. Once you are here, you should not miss trying the exquisite rums at the bar.
- Address: 94 Middlesex St., Spitalfields, London E1 7EZ, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday and Tuesday (5:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.); Wednesday (12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Thursday to Saturday (12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 9:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Liverpool Street Station
- Nearby places to visit: Whitechapel Art Gallery, Christ Church, Petticoat Lane Market
If you are looking for the right places to eat in London, you look for a place that is unique and creates a perfect vibe while serving you with the best dishes from the chef’s kitchen. Once you are in Archipelago, the golden Buddhas, peacock feathers, dwarf palm trees, and so many things will amaze you.
If you are already taken aback by the beautiful decoration, wait for the cuisine, which will give you an out-of-the-world experience. Don’t forget to try pan-fried, chermoula-spiced crickets here.
- Address: 53 Cleveland St., Fitzrovia, London W1T 4JJ, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.); Saturday (6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Warren Street Tube Station (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Woolff Gallery, Coningsby Gallery, Fitzrovia Chapel, The British Museum
#8. Pollen Street Social
A restaurant is not a place where you go and it. It is the place where you can enjoy a sensory experience of fine dining along with the opportunity of socializing with people. This place is the perfect destination where you can enjoy the contemporary interior of the restaurant, along with enjoying your food in a warm environment.
There are numerous dishes you can taste here, but you should not miss Buccleuch Beef and Colchester Crab here.
- Address: 8-10 Pollen St., Mayfair, London W1S 1NQ, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus (3-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: West End, London Palladium, St. George’s Church
#9. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
The name has already made it clear why you should visit this London-based eatery once when you are in the city. It is the shrimp that will allure you to visit the place again and again.
Besides, if you have seen the famous movie Forest Gump, you will find it exciting to visit this movie-based restaurant in London.
Once you are here, you should try different recipes of shrimps, baby back ribs, dishes of fishes, along with steaks, mixed platters, and chicken recipes.
- Address: 13 Coventry St., London W1D 7AB, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Thursday (11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (11:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.); Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Piccadilly Circus (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Wales Theatre, Shakespeare Monument
#10. Hand of Glory
How about visiting a place where you can enjoy your food with the best drink? Yes, this pub in London is the best destination for those people who prefer to have an informal atmosphere while dining and have fun with friends and others.
This pub is the venue to enjoy food with country music and your favorite beer and cider. Go for prawn burger, southern fried tofu, Al-Andalus chicken, salt beef, and so on.
- Address: 240 Amhurst Rd., Hackney Downs, London E8 2BS, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Thursday and Sunday (12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Emirates Stadium (2.8 km)
- Nearby places to visit: Hackney Downs Studio, Babik Court, Shacklewell Green
#11. The Attendant
Once you are in The Attendant, you will be attended with warmth. If you are feeling a bit low and want to spend some time with yourself over a cup of coffee, pick any single-seater booth here and spend some alone time.
Besides that, you can also grab a table to enjoy a group lunch here. Though this place is famous for serving coffee and authentic British breakfast, you can also enjoy light lunch here.
- Address: 27A Foley St., Fitzrovia, London W1W 6DY, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Every day (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Old Street Tube Station (3-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Covent Garden, Saint Pancras, Bloomsbury
While talking about the coolest places to eat in London, not mentioning Rules will be a great mistake.
Rule began its journey during the French Revolution, so you can imagine this is the place that will serve you not only London delicacy but also history, rich with historical evidence. To enjoy the true spirit of London dining, you have to visit this restaurant at least once on your London trip.
- Address: 35 Maiden Lane, Covent Garden, WC2E 7LB
- Opening time: Monday to Wednesday and Sunday (12:00 noon to 10:45 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 noon to 11:45 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Covent Garden Tube Station (3-minute walking)
- Nearby places to visit: Covent Garden, London Transport Museum, Somerset House, St. Martin-in-the-Fields
#13. Rainforest Café
If you are having a London trip with kids and want to take them to a restaurant where they can have fun, this is the best place for that. The name of the restaurant gives you an idea about the theme of it.
Once you are here, the kids can enjoy the sounds of waterfalls, rain, lightning, etc. They can also spot real animals and fishes over there. When it comes to food, you can find kid-friendly recipes for your children while you can enjoy your meal too.
- Address: 20 Shaftesbury Ave., London W1D 7EU, United Kingdom
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.); Saturday and Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Trocadero/Haymarket (1-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Piccadilly Theatre, Picturehouse Central, Prince of Wales Theatre
Where to eat in London? These are certain places that can be your next destination on your next trip. These places are unique and a bit different from the usual places you dine at. So when you visit London next time, you can take a food tour around these places.