Last Updated on December 13, 2022
When you are in London, you will want a lot of amazing places to visit. Go to Buckingham Palace, visit the London Eye, experience the extraordinary sunset in the Thames from the London Bridge, and so on. But the trip will not get completed without tasting the best foods in this city.
You are in the heart of British tradition and culture. So it is quite evident that you will taste the authentic British cuisine in London. But this metropolitan is not only famous for serving British food, but you can also try any types of European dishes at particular restaurants. There are also South Asian and Caribbean-style restaurants that provide the foods over the sea to allure the tourists as well as the local people.
But London is a big city. If you are visiting at the west end or living there, you can find numerous marvelous eateries at Soho to celebrate your taste buds.
Whether it is a friendly get-together on the weekend or you want a family dinner, it can be a romantic date night or a chilling lunch with kids, there are varieties of restaurants and food joints where you can enjoy the food along with the ambiance. Today you will get a detailed account of the best restaurants in Soho, London. Read on to know more.
#1. 10 Greek Street
If you are looking for a restaurant where paying every penny is worth it, this will always be on the first of your list. The cozy environment is good for a date or a friendly gathering. If you go for dinner, you will feel the place a bit noisy, but during lunchtime, you can enjoy your food along with a feeling of solitude.
The ambiance is quite friendly, and the staff is warm and welcoming. The happening menu comprises of lots of delicacies, including fried baby squid, busiate, wild mushroom and burrata, chocolate, pear and amaretti, and so on.
- Address: Soho, London W1D 4DH, UK
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m.)
- Official website: https://www.10greekstreet.com/site/
- Nearest station: Denmark Street (3-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: Chinatown Gate, House of MinaLima, The British Museum
While you are London and you get bored by having nonspicy food, it is time to add some spice in your taste buds (and in life too!). To get that red-hot spicy food, you can head toward Barshu in Soho, which is a Chinese restaurant.
Now, there are lots of Chinese restaurants in Soho and other parts of London; what’s so special about Barsha? Here you will find the exquisite cuisine from the Sichuan Province of China, which is spicy, red, and tastes fantastic. Try it now!
- Address: 28 Frith St., Soho, London W1D 5LF, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 noon to 11:30 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 10:30 p.m.)
- Official website: https://barshurestaurant.co.uk/
- Nearest station: Gerrard Place (1-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: Leicester Square, House of MinaLima, St. Anne’s Church
#3. The Palomar
If you want to feel the eccentric energy and spend some time with your friends in a rocking environment, this is the restaurant-cum-bar you need to visit now.
This place is famous for its Israeli cuisine, where you can try Shakshukit Kebab in its best form along with other Israeli recipes, like Kubanch, Baba Ganoush, Tel Aviv Mix, and so on. For a Friday night, there is nothing better than heading toward the Palomar. You need to book in advance to avoid standing in a queue and waiting for your turn.
- Address: 34 Rupert St., London W1D 6DN, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.); Sunday (12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Official website: https://thepalomar.co.uk/
- Nearest tube station: Piccadilly Circus (3-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: Trafalgar Square, Admiralty Church, The National Gallery
If you are fond of the fusion of Indian-Iranian cuisine, then you have to visit this fantastic restaurant in Soho. The ambiance of this restaurant is set in the 1960s Bombay, and it will give you a vast nostalgia if you ever been to this city before.
Pick from the menu where you can enjoy bacon naan as it is the must-have of this eatery. Besides that, you can also try The Palomar, crunchy calamari, bhel, etc.
- Address: 22 Kingly St., Soho, London W1B 5QP, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.); Friday (8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.); Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Sunday (9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.)
- Official website: https://www.dishoom.com/carnaby/
- Nearest station: Cambridge Circus (3-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: Covent Garden East Pizza, St. Paul’s Church, Museum of Freemasonry
Though it was a strip club in the earlier time, presently Blacklock Soho is one of the most fabulous restaurants in Soho that attracts tourists as well as locals to enjoy a pleasant dining experience here.
Among their extensive menu, you should concentrate more on the chops and steaks while you are in Blacklock, as those are the most delicate dishes you can have here. What more can you try here? Go for beef dripping chips, chicory, pear and walnut salad, pork tomahawk, etc.
- Address: 24 Great Windmill St., Soho, London W1D 7LG, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.); Saturday (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.), Sunday (12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.)
- Official website: https://theblacklock.com/soho/
- Nearest tube station: Piccadilly Circus (4-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square
#6. Wun’s Tea Room
This open restaurant is the hub of Hong Kong-style recipes. If you want to taste that, you can head toward this fantastic restaurant. The upstairs dining room holds a bit of little Hong Kong in it, while the downstairs is quite contemporary and creative under the neon-lit environment.
What to taste here? Don’t miss the silky-fried tofu, crisp and lacey pancakes, awesome-tasted dumplings, and the greasy and spicy aubergine with rice. And for dessert, you should taste Ibercio Chair Siu, which melts in your mouth.
- Address: 23 Greek St., Soho, London W1D 4DZ, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday (12:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.); Friday (12:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.); Saturday (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.); Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.)
- Official website: https://tearoom.bar/
- Nearest tube station: Leicester Square
- Nearest places to visit: Chinatown Gate, St. James Park, Trafalgar Square
#7. The Rum Kitchen Soho
The name of the restaurant describes the features of its aptly. They, indeed, offer top-quality food; however, people gather here to enjoy the rum-based cocktails that are not available elsewhere.
This airy and spacious restaurant gives you a great feeling of dining while the Caribbean cuisine brings the celebration of life on your table. It is also the affordable range of prices that makes this place crowded with people during lunchtime and dinnertime.
- Address: Carnaby St., Soho, London W1B 5PW, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday and Sunday (12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.)
- Official website: https://www.therumkitchen.com/
- Nearest tube station: Oxford Circus (4-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: Waterloo Bridge, Carnaby Street, Piccadilly Circus
Bao is a Taiwan bun filled with braised pork and other fillings. So it is clear that this restaurant will welcome you with Taiwanese cuisine, which is quite offbeat. If you are a foodie and want to try different types of cuisines, you can head toward Bao, where you will find the mouthwatering dishes straight from Taiwanese chefs.
Along with your favorite items, you can buy your favorite drink too: beers, oolong tea, peanut milk, foam tea, and so on.
- Address: 53 Lexington St., Soho, London W1F 9AS, United Kingdom
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., 5:30 pm to 10:00 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 noon to 10:30 pm); Sunday (12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.)
- Official website: https://baolondon.com/
- Nearest tube station: Piccadilly Circus (5-minute walk)
- Nearest places to visit: Piccadilly Circus, Waterloo Bridge, Atomica Gallery
These are the best places in Soho, London, where you can spend your evening alone or with a wonderful company. There are other lots of other restaurants also around this place, but we hope our list will help you in navigating them.
If you like to experiment with foods and drinks, and also want to have an exceptional dining experience in London to make your trip extra memorable, make sure you make time to visit these restaurants and have a great time with your friends and family.