Last Updated on December 16, 2022
While you are in London, you’d normally look for the best places to eat. Once you are in the capital city, you generally prefer to go for authentic British cuisine. But there are so many restaurants of different genres that can help please your taste buds.
You can go to multicuisine restaurants where you can try different recipes around the world. If you are in that city for a long time and missing your home cuisine, you can find lots of restaurants where you can find your favorite dishes, just like your country.
Now, it is true that there are numerous restaurants in London where you can find fantastic food and drink. But how about having dinner or lunch in restaurants with a view in London?
That will be amazing. Sitting in a lavish corner, having your favorite menu and enjoying the excellent view of the city around can give you a sense of satisfaction. If this is the first time you are having a trip to London, here is a list of restaurants in London with a great view. Read on to know more.
#1. Helix at the Gherkin
At the thirty-ninth level of the Gherkin Building, The Helix is the restaurant that gives you a Helix at the Gherkin view of London around. The name of the restaurant came from the helix-shaped structure of the building.
The colorful architecture is unique, while the floral decorations give an organic touch to the restaurant. When it comes to food, you can try the fusion of authentic British cuisine with a contemporary feel.
Other than that, you can try foods from different parts of Europe. Among so many varieties, you should not miss Gressingham Duck Breast with raspberry, sea bream with brown shrimp, etc.
- Address: 30 St. Mary Axe., London EC3A 8EP, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://searcysatthegherkin.co.uk/helix-restaurant/
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.); Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.); Sunday (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Fenchurch Street (4-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: London Bridge, the Shard, Bevis Mark Synagogue
#2. Aqua Shard
At the thirty-first level of The Shard, this fantastic restaurant is located. If you want to have a cozy atmosphere in a low-light ambiance, this is the perfect place to visit. You can enjoy the riverside landscape of London while enjoying your food over here.
During the day, the views of the London Bridge and the Tower of London will catch your eyes, while at night, the illuminating city and its reflection in the river will make you spellbound. You can go for having the best full-course British dinner or lunch or making it light with afternoon tea.
- Address: Level 31, The Shard, 31 Thomas St., London SE1 9RY, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://aquashard.co.uk/experience
- Opening time: Monday to Thursday (7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.); Friday (7:00 a.m. to 3 a.m.); Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.); Sunday (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.)
- Nearest station: London Bridge (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: London Bridge, Tower of London, Science Gallery
#3. Frank’s Café
While talking about the best restaurants in London with a view, you can’t miss heading toward the garage-turned-café, Frank’s Café. You may find it a bit weird to have this restaurant along with other lavish ones, but once you get the view from the café, you will know where the attraction of this café lies.
The panoramic view of London will impress you, especially during the sunset. You can enjoy that view with half chicken in alcohol or barbecue pork neck. This eatery offers numerous options for the vegans too.
- Address: Bold Tendencies, 7th–10th-floor multistory Car Park, 95A Rye Ln., London SE15 4ST
- Official website: http://boldtendencies.com/franks-cafe/
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Peckham Rye (1-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Victoria, and Albert Museum
A rooftop view is the most enjoyable, right? How would it feel like if you enjoy the view of the setting sun with a glass of your favorite drink? Yes, you can experience it the best way when you are at Aviary. This restaurant gives you a relaxing atmosphere to appreciate the rooftop view of the city while enjoying the best British platter from their menu.
- Address: Royal London House, 10th Floor Montcalm, 22-25 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1DX, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://aviarylondon.com/
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (6:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Saturday (7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Sunday (7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Finsbury Square (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Museum of Methodism, Wesley’s Chapel, St. Paul’s Cathedral
#5. R. S. Hispaniola
Do you want the best London restaurants with a view? Then you can head toward this fantastic restaurant from where you can get a grand view of the River Thames. Sitting beside a window and watching the boats, coming and going gives you immense pleasure.
On a lazy afternoon, you can visit this place to celebrate such view over plates of seared foie gras, black turtle risotto, surf and turf, and so on.
- Address: Victoria Embankment, London WC2N 5DJ, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://hispaniola.co.uk/
- Opening time: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Embankment Pier (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Golden Jubilee Bridges, Playhouse Theatre, Whitehall Palace
#6. Savage Garden
If you want to have an extraordinary dining experience in a restaurant with a great view from the rooftop, you should never miss visiting Savage Garden. Book tables to dine here now!
The lights of the city will illuminate, and you can get a beautiful view of the town.
This bar-cum-restaurant will welcome you warmly with their unique menu of foods and cocktails. Once you are here, you should try pork tomahawk, charred octopus, roasted cauliflower, etc.
- Address: 12th floor, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London, Tower of London, 7 Pepys St., London EC3N 4AF
- Official website: https://www.savagegarden.co.uk/about/
- Opening time: Monday to Saturday (12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Tower Hill (1-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, London Fenchurch Street
#7. Blueprint Café
It is one of the café-cum-restaurants in London that are hugely popular among the tourists as well as the locals. From the windows of this restaurant, you can view the Thames and Tower Bridge.
You can experience British cooking with the touch of modern taste. The ambiance of the restaurant is classy, and the view is fantastic. From the menu card, you can try chargrilled pork chop, mushroom pearl barley risotto, triple-cooked chips, warm carrot cake, etc. Enjoy your food with the top-class wine.
- Address: Butlers Wharf, 28 Shad Thames, London SE1 2YD, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://www.blueprintcafe.co.uk/
- Opening time: Tuesday to Friday (12:00 noon to 2:45 p.m., 5.30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.); Saturday (11:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 3.45 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: London Bridge (9-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: London Bridge, Thames River, Tower of London
#8. Oblix at the Shard
Visiting the Shard is fantastic as you can find lots of top-class eateries over there. Oblix is one of those joints, and it is located on the thirty-second floor of this glass multistoried building.
This is a New York-inspired rotisserie where you get British cuisine along with the European style of food. You can visit here for afternoon tea during the daytime to enjoy the panoramic view of the city. Having dinner, you can get mesmerized by the view of the illuminating city.
- Address: The Shard, 31 Thomas St., London SE1 9RY, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://www.oblixrestaurant.com/
- Opening time: Every day (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: London Bridge (2-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: London Bridge, Science Museum, Tower of London
#9. Skylark Roof Garden
Once you are in London, you will surely want to visit Little Venice. Finding a restaurant over there with a beautiful view can make your day. Visit Skylark Roof Garden from where you can get a panoramic view of Hyde Park, Notting Hill, and beyond.
The interior decor is a new matter that can refresh you from the tiredness of your trip or job. Once you check the menu, you will get more rejuvenated as you get the aroma of the seasons there. To make your weekends happening, you should visit this restaurant once.
- Address: 10th Floor, 4 Kingdom St., Paddington, London W2 6BD, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://skylarkroofgarden.co.uk/
- Opening time: Saturday and Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Paddington Station
- Nearby places to visit: Little Venice, Paddington Bear Statue, Kensington Gardens
#10. Modern Restaurant
On the list of the best restaurants with a view in London, this restaurant has to be mentioned. Watching the setting sun in the Thames is alluring, and many people stop by the bank to watch this eclectic view.
Instead of jostling with many people, you can book a table at this restaurant and enjoy the fantastic view from the windows of this eatery. You will be served British recipes with a bit of modern touch here.
- Address: Level 9 Blavatnik Building, Bankside, London SE1 9TG, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern/restaurant
- Opening time: Monday to Thursday (12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.); Friday and Saturday (12:00 noon to 3:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 3:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Lavington Street (5-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: The Museum of Contemporary Art, Bankside Gallery, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
Many people prefer not to change their preferences with time and also find it best to go to the old places which are still hugely popular. If you belong to this group, you can visit Madison’s now.
The rooftop seating arrangement gives you the thrill of having your food while getting mesmerized by the excellent view of the London city skyline. Madison’s is one of the most significant open-air rooftop places in London from where you can see St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Tate Modern, and the London Eye.
- Address: Rooftop Terrace One, New Change, London EC4M 9AF, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://www.madisonlondon.net
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (12:00 noon to 2:45 p.m., 5:00 p.m. to 10:45 p.m.); Saturday (12:00 noon to 10:45 p.m.); Sunday (12:00 noon to 7:30 p.m.)
- Nearest station: Bread Street (1-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: St. Paul’s Cathedral, London Eye, Tate Modern
#12. Boundary Rooftop
Usually, when people of London get bright sunshine days, it sets up their mood. On such a gorgeous day, if you want to soak the sun in a rooftop terrace restaurant, you can visit this place. It is a bar and grill restaurant where you can hang out with your friends while enjoying the view around.
Mediterranean cuisine will make you even happier when you are here. Besides that, you can also enjoy your favorite drink from their vast collections of champagne, wine, and cocktails.
- Address: 2-4 Boundary St., Hackney, London E2 7DD, United Kingdom
- Official website: https://boundary.london/rooftop/
- Opening time: Every day (12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m.)
- Nearest tube station: Old Street (9-minute walk)
- Nearby places to visit: Westminster Abbey, London Eye, The Shard
Hopefully, you get an idea of the best restaurants near the Tower of London and elsewhere that provides an excellent view of excellent food. So if you are planning a trip to London, you can visit any of these restaurants to spend some quality time with your friends and family.